Best time to eat
This lean meal is a a perfect compliment to any fat loss RE Fitness custom meal plan - Tomato soup is high in vitamin C. This recipe will help you bounce back from any simple cold. Stock this one for when you need it!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add onion wedges, water, can of tomatoes with their juices, and salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, for about 40 minutes. Stir occasionally and add additional salt if desired.
- Blend the soup, and then season to taste. This gives it that rich, creamy texture that tomato soup is known for.
TIP: Enjoy with a grilled cheese sandwich to bring back all the nostalgia from childhood!