Best time to eat
This guilt-free snack is the perfect compliment with some chicken or salmon on your RE Fitness custom meal plan. The best time to grab this one is when you're craving carbs. Keep this recipe on deck for those late-night cravings.
- 8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ⅓ cup nonfat buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon of light butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper to taste
Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Steam cauliflower florets and garlic until very tender, about 12-15 minutes. (You can do this by placing cauliflower and garlic in a covered microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water and microwaving on high for 3-5 minutes.)
- Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add buttermilk, 2 teaspoons olive oil, butter, salt and pepper; pulse several times, then process until smooth and creamy. (This can also be done with a handheld masher for a more “homestyle” texture.)
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil and add the chives, if desired. Enjoy!