Best time to eat
This lean meal is a a perfect compliment to any fat loss RE Fitness custom meal plan - highly clean and packed with protein. For my clients, I recommend replacing any meal 2 or fish meal to enjoy this one without breaking your nutrition! A great pre-workout meal.
- 4 (6 oz) Alaska salmon fillets, fresh or frozen, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup hummus (use the flavor of your choice)
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
Lemon Spinach Salad
- 4 cups spinach
- 2½ Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of hummus (about a tablespoon each) over each fillet.
3. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and basil while in another bowl whisk together butter, Dijon and honey. Pour butter mixture over the bread crumbs and mix well. Evenly distribute the bread crumb mixture on top of each salmon fillet, pressing firmly into the salmon so that it sticks.
4. Bake salmon for 20 minutes or until salmon cuts easily with a fork. While salmon is baking, make the dressing for your salad by whisking together lemon juice, zest, honey, olive oil and salt and pepper and toss with the spinach.
5. Serve salmon fillets with your zesty lemon spinach salad and enjoy!