Aside from donuts, there's really nothing more satisfying to a fit-conscious person's sweet tooth than peanut butter. The next time you're craving something sinfully sugary, give these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars a whirl. These mind-blowingly awesome treats are very easy to make and definitely hit the spot after a hard workout!
This snack does have some redeeming features, so I'm rating it a 7 on the RE Cheat-o-Meter. Each bar only packs about 100 calories (although the recipe is designed to yield 12 bars, so don't go crazy). These little goodies also contain some healthy fats and protein, plus they're sugar- / gluten-free. Let me know what you think if you happen to whip up a batch!
1 cup of peanut butter protein powder
1/3 cup of natural peanut butter (smooth, not chunky)
1/3 cup of unsweetened milk (almond or skim is fine)
40 drops of liquid Stevia
1/3 cup of Stevia chocolate chips (you can use regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, but that's going to up the cheat factor)
1 tsp. of coconut oil
*Add some crushed peanut or almonds for toppings (optional)
1. Add together all your bar ingredients (protein powder, peanut butter, liquid Stevia, milk) and blend with a spoon. When the mix starts to firm up, begin kneading it together with your hands like you would with dough.
2. Press the dough mixture into a medium-sized pan.
3. Melt the chocolate chips on the stove using the coconut oil, or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted.
4. Pour the chocolate into the pan over the peanut mixture and place in the fridge to set.
5. Once the mixture is set, make one cut down the middle and five cuts horizontally to form 12 bars. If you want to be hero for a day at your gym, consider bringing these to share around for a post-workout snack. Seriously, it'll stop you from eating the whole pan!
This meal goes perfect with the #12Week Gold Standard Nutrition Program!