Every now and then you hear of people combining two seemingly mutually exclusive foods and think to yourself, "Those items can't POSSIBLY taste good together!" Well, that's what I thought about peanut butter and chickpeas . . . until I caved into the curiosity and tried these scrumptious pancakes.
Peanut butter offers an excellent source of healthy fats, and chickpeas dish up some high quality protein and complex carbs. Combine the two and you get the ultimate Breakfast of Champions!
Give this drool-worthy morning treat a try the next time you're craving something sweet to greet the day and fuel that insane AM workout! Makes 6-8 servings!
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
Dash of salt
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of organic maple syrup
1. Put the chickpeas in a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until well mashed. Then set aside.
2. Mix the peanut butter, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl, then add the chickpeas and blend everything together by hand or with an electric mixer.
3. Combine the milk, eggs, vanilla, and syrup in a separate bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour some of the batter onto a skillet greased with either coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray. Once it begins bubbling, flip the pancake using a spatula. Remove the pancake from the heat once both sides are cooked, then continue this process until you're out of batter.
6. Serve the pancakes warm with melted chocolate, extra maple syrup, or other desired toppings. Enjoy!
This meal goes perfect with the #12Week Gold Standard Nutrition Program!