Not sure what to do with those leftover chicken breasts and sweet potatoes from this week's meal prep?
These buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are absolutely to die for! Although they take about an hour and 15 minutes to prep and cook, this dish is well worth the effort. Seriously, this is healthy comfort food at its FINEST.
And the recipe yields 7 servings, making it the perfect thing to whip up when you have company or for family dinner!
7 medium-sized sweet potatoes, with skin on
30 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
7 tbsp. fat free ranch or blue cheese dressing
Parsley or cilantro
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
2/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
1.5 tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. water
1. Preheat your oven to 400F and use tinfoil to line a large baking sheet.
2. Put your sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until the flesh is super tender. Turn your oven off, but keep the sweet potatoes inside to keep them warm.
3. Place your chicken breasts in a large pot, dump in some water, and cook on medium-high for 30 minutes. Transfer them to a cutting board or plate, allow them to cool, then shred with your fingers or two forks.
4. In a separate pot, combine the hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder to heat over medium-high. Add the butter and stir while it's melting. When the butter is melted, stir in your cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water. Blend until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat and add your shredded chicken.
5. Remove your sweet potatoes from the oven, slice them in half lengthwise, and stuff with the shredded buffalo chicken.
6. Drizzle some ranch or blue cheese dressing over the top of each sweet potato. Top with fresh herbs as desired and serve up immediately.
This meal goes perfect with the #12Week Gold Standard Nutrition Program!