2 cups shredded turkey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon hot chile oil
1 package noodles (cellophane or other)
ten 8 1/2-inch rice paper wrappers
Romain lettuce (1-2 heads for wrapping)
1 carrot, cut into julienne
1-2 cucumber, cut into julienne
5 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the turkey in a bowl and drizzle in the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and the hot chili oil. Stir to combine and give it a taste. If you'd like a stronger flavor, add a little more of any of the ingredients.
- Next, place the cellophane noodles in a large bowl. Cover them with boiling water and let them sit according to the package directions.
- When they are tender but still have a nice bite, drain and set the noodles aside.
- Soften the rice paper wrappers by placing them one by one into a bowl of warm water and taking them out when they're soft but still hold together.
- To assemble each spring roll, lay a wrapper on a plate. Lay a small line of noodles in the center. Add a small amount of lettuce, turkey, alfalfa sprouts, a few carrot and cucumber strips, and top with a sprinkling of cilantro.
- Fold in the sides of the wrappers and roll it into a tight roll. Repeat to make the rest of the rolls.
- For the dipping sauce: Combine the cranberry sauce, soy sauce and a few dashed chile oil.
- Dip and dig in!!
Yields 8 spring rolls