It’s Friday and that means it’s time for some healthy noms! This shrimp and broccoli stir fry is SUPER easy to whip up (think under 20 minutes) and pairs great with that extra brown rice you’ve got lying around. Apart from the mouth-watering flavors and delectable aromas, this delicious shrimp and broccoli dish is also packed with tons of vitamins, minerals, healthy fiber, and clean protein.
I give this recipe a 3 on the RE Cheat-o-Meter, which means you can feel free to substitute it for any meal a couple times per week. Side note: This meal keeps great in the fridge, so plan on storing the leftovers and taking them to work the next day!
1 1/2 pounds peeled medium shrimp
5 cups broccoli
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 thinly sliced green onion
3 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced sodium!)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
1. Mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
2. Heat olive oil on medium high in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Dump in the broccoli and continue cooking, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the soy sauce mix until slightly thickened, which should take about 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve on a plate and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and green onion.